NORTH SHORE ARTWALK
APRIL 22ND TO MAY 20TH
Enjoy a self-guided art tour on the North Shore!
Thanks to Red Beard Coffee Roasters
for a fabulous opening reception! View photos
ART on the STREET | MAY 25, 2013, 10am to 4pm
Join us Saturday, May 25th for this one-day exhibit of artists and artisans during the Kamloops Central Business Improvement Association (KCBIA) Downtown Spring Festival. Art on the Street will be taking over the entire 300-block of Victoria Street with artist vendors, mini-workshops and artist demonstrations!
View the event schedule and list of participating artists!
ART IN THE PARK | JULY 1, 2013
Click here for more information
Featuring the work of more than 85 artists | Volunteers Needed
Including a silent auction in honour of the KAC's 45th anniversary
The Kamloops Arts Council encourages, supports and promotes local artists of all kinds, specifically emerging artists. We are a registered non-profit organization that welcomes new members looking for support to develop their artistic talents.
What programs & events does the Kamloops Arts Council coordinate?
- Art in the Park
- Children's Art Festival
- Downtown Artwalk
- North Shore Artwalk
- Lumiere Parade
- Juried Art Show
- The Body Beautiful: Art Redefined
- Kamloops Writers Fair
- Main Gallery
- Wilson House Gallery
- Summer Theatre Program
What does the Kamloops Arts Council have to offer?
- Show and sell your work at our many events and exhibitions
- Browse or exhibit at the Kamloops Arts Council Main Gallery and The Wilson House Gallery
- Apply for a Kamloops Arts Council Grant for individuals & arts groups (up to $1,000)
- Apply for the $500 Julia Appley-Mitra Youth Scholarship for high school students
- Get listed on our member artists links page
- Learn how to market your work through our professional development workshops (in development)
- Teach your art form and learn new mediums through our workshops
- Get 'in the know' about the local arts scene through our monthly newsletter and regular e-updates
- Gain access to members' insurance
- Meet and network with other artists -- from oil painters, photographers and writers to musicians, dancers and media artists!
photo credit: Donovan Harrison
The Kamloops Arts Council Office and Gallery is located in The Old Courthouse Cultural Centre at 7 Seymour Street West. We share this wonderful venue (the building turned 100 in July 2009) with Arnica Artist Run Studio, The Courthouse Gallery Cooperative and Theatre BC (Mainstage). Our resident gallery is the Kamloops Arts Council's Main Gallery, which hosts our member artists' wonderful work throughout the year. Please come visit us, our gallery and the rest of the amazing arts groups that are housed under one roof!
Office Hours: Tuesday to Friday, 10-12 & 1-5; Saturday 10-12 & 1-4 (closed 12-1 daily)
Did you know? Kamloops Arts Council is a not-for-profit (registered charitable organization #89310-4174-RR0001). Donate securely online via Paypal:
Thanks to our Corporate Members: