CHILDREN'S SUMMER THEATRE
July & August 2014 | Tuesday - Saturday
The Kamloops Arts Council's Rivertown Players are now presenting accessible, FREE family-friendly theatre 5 days a week, at outdoor locations in the Kamloops area. More info & schedule here.
The 15th annual
KAMLOOPS CHILDREN'S ART FESTIVAL
Got a tot who likes music, theatre, or a budding young artist? Join us for the Kamloops Children's Art Festival on Saturday, Sept. 13th, 11am to 4pm at Riverside Park. More info here.
The Kamloops Arts Council encourages, supports and promotes local artists of all kinds, specifically emerging artists. We are a registered non-profit organization that welcomes new members looking for support to develop their artistic talents.
What programs & events does the Kamloops Arts Council coordinate?
- Art in the Park
- Children's Art Festival
- Downtown Artwalk
- North Shore Artwalk
- Culture Crawl
- Art On The Street
- Lumiere Parade
- Juried Art Show
- The Body Beautiful: Art Redefined
- Kamloops Writers Fair
- Main Gallery
- Wilson House Gallery
- Summer Theatre Program
What does the Kamloops Arts Council have to offer?
- Show and sell your work at our many events and exhibitions
- Browse or exhibit at the Kamloops Arts Council Main Gallery and The Wilson House Gallery
- Apply for a Kamloops Arts Council Grant for individuals & arts groups (up to $1,000)
- Apply for the $500 Julia Appley-Mitra Youth Scholarship for high school students
- Get listed on our member artists links page
- Learn how to market your work through our professional development workshops (in development)
- Teach your art form and learn new mediums through our workshops
- Get 'in the know' about the local arts scene through our monthly newsletter and regular e-updates
- Gain access to members' insurance
- Meet and network with other artists -- from oil painters, photographers and writers to musicians, dancers and media artists!
photo credit: Donovan Harrison
The Kamloops Arts Council Office and Gallery is located in The Old Courthouse Cultural Centre at 7 Seymour Street West. We share this wonderful venue (the building turned 100 in July 2009) with Arnica Artist Run Studio, The Courthouse Gallery Cooperative and Theatre BC (Mainstage). Our resident gallery is the Kamloops Arts Council's Main Gallery, which hosts our member artists' wonderful work throughout the year. Please come visit us, our gallery and the rest of the amazing arts groups that are housed under one roof!
Office Hours: Tuesday to Friday, 10-12 & 1-5; Saturday 10-12 & 1-4 (closed 12-1 daily)
Did you know? Kamloops Arts Council is a not-for-profit (registered charitable organization #89310-4174-RR0001). Donate securely online via Paypal:
Thanks to our Corporate Members: