- CALL FOR ARTISTS! -
ART IN THE PARK 2014
JULY 1st, 2014 | Artist Vendor Registration Now Closed
Community Arts Groups & Performing Artist Applications Now Available!
Final Deadline: Saturday, April 19th. More info & application form.
An exhibit around the theme of substance use
April 24th to May 17th, 2014
Kamloops Arts Council Main Gallery, Old Courthouse Cultural Centre
The Kamloops Arts Council and the Phoenix Centre are collaborating to create an accessible art show for emerging and professional local artists and creative minds. We are looking for submissions of artwork from throughout the community - artists and non-artists alike.
Art has always been a medium that can heal and express one's thoughts and points of view on a subject. The theme of BEARING WITNESS is to show various interpretations of substance use, and its effects on a community, a society, a family, a circle of friends, a body, and/or on the mind. BEARING WITNESS is meant to express what it can be like for family members or a friend to watch a struggling loved one, or even for an individual portraying what it is like for him/herself going through past/present personal issues, and/or the healing process.
More information available here.
ART ON THE STREET
The Downtown Kamloops Spring Festival 2014 will be three days of interactive activities throughout the downtown core -- in businesses, on the streets and in public spaces. The idea is for people to come out of their homes, their offices and their workplaces and experience what downtown has to offer. The Kamloops Arts Council is planning a new and improved Art on the Street which will kick off with a Thursday night Culture Crawl (more info on this coming soon!) and continue to Saturday with artist vendor opportunities as well as a pop-up gallery!
More information available here.
The Kamloops Arts Council encourages, supports and promotes local artists of all kinds, specifically emerging artists. We are a registered non-profit organization that welcomes new members looking for support to develop their artistic talents.
What programs & events does the Kamloops Arts Council coordinate?
- Art in the Park
- Children's Art Festival
- Downtown Artwalk
- North Shore Artwalk
- Lumiere Parade
- Juried Art Show
- The Body Beautiful: Art Redefined
- Kamloops Writers Fair
- Main Gallery
- Wilson House Gallery
- Summer Theatre Program
What does the Kamloops Arts Council have to offer?
- Show and sell your work at our many events and exhibitions
- Browse or exhibit at the Kamloops Arts Council Main Gallery and The Wilson House Gallery
- Apply for a Kamloops Arts Council Grant for individuals & arts groups (up to $1,000)
- Apply for the $500 Julia Appley-Mitra Youth Scholarship for high school students
- Get listed on our member artists links page
- Learn how to market your work through our professional development workshops (in development)
- Teach your art form and learn new mediums through our workshops
- Get 'in the know' about the local arts scene through our monthly newsletter and regular e-updates
- Gain access to members' insurance
- Meet and network with other artists -- from oil painters, photographers and writers to musicians, dancers and media artists!
photo credit: Donovan Harrison
The Kamloops Arts Council Office and Gallery is located in The Old Courthouse Cultural Centre at 7 Seymour Street West. We share this wonderful venue (the building turned 100 in July 2009) with Arnica Artist Run Studio, The Courthouse Gallery Cooperative and Theatre BC (Mainstage). Our resident gallery is the Kamloops Arts Council's Main Gallery, which hosts our member artists' wonderful work throughout the year. Please come visit us, our gallery and the rest of the amazing arts groups that are housed under one roof!
Office Hours: Tuesday to Friday, 10-12 & 1-5; Saturday 10-12 & 1-4 (closed 12-1 daily)
Did you know? Kamloops Arts Council is a not-for-profit (registered charitable organization #89310-4174-RR0001). Donate securely online via Paypal:
Thanks to our Corporate Members: